Although these artistic explorations that are engaged in creating literature out of visual form are highly compelling; my personal preoccupations, which ultimately reside in my background in graphic design, lead me in a direction in which I do not wish to forsake the aesthetic refinement which I find in typographic forms as well as in the overall structural beauty of textual output.

I therefore wished take my quest in a different direction by bringing together the concepts of asemic writing and that of aleatoric poetry, which resides upon the chance encounters of words. Within this context Christian Bök refers to Gilles Deleuze by saying that“writing by means of an aleatory protocol almost fulfills the dream of Deleuze, who imagines an ideal game of chance, one whose rules are themselves subject repeatedly to chance, resulting in an aimless outcome so futile that we have no choice but to dismiss the game as a nonsensical dissipation of time itself” (Bök 2006). However, Bök takes the notion of chance altogether beyond nonsense when he further quotes Deleuze who tells us that “if one tries to play this game other than in thought, nothing happens, and if one tries to produce a result other than the work of art, nothing is produced.” (ibid)